From: Edward M <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to install portage on other gentoo installs
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:31:59
1 On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:38:50 +0530
2 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 14 Feb 2014 12:46, "Edward M" <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:11:44 +0100
7 > > "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
8 > >
9 > > > If you want to do NFS. Let us know.
10 > > > It can be done easier then Alan makes out. But you then need to
11 > > > ensure only your machines are connected to the network.
12 > >
13 > > That is so kind of you. when i have problems i will ask for help
14 > > thank you.
17 > > > In simple terms:
18 > > > Configure NFS to allow every user from any machine (or network ip
19 > > > range) has access to the files. The NFS server can be told to
20 > > > replace any connecting user with a single user on the server.
21 > > >
22 > > > That is what I do. With a good firewall preventing non wired owned
23 > > > machines to have any access.
24 > >
25 > > ipsec was mentioned i may need to use this. The nfs will be in
26 > > my LAN. i think ipsec may be better just realized my cable modem
27 > > has firewall built in will that interfere with ipsec?
28 > > --
29 > > Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.
32 > ipset! = ipsec
35 I do not know why I've got Internet Protocol Security etched in my
36 mind. Thank You for bringing this to my attention.
39 Best regards,
40 Edward M.
41
42 Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.