From: Uwe Klosa <uwe.klosa@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stuch on k3b at dep install of Transcode
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:08:27
1 I had a similar problem some months ago. I can't remember all the details, but i think it had to do something with avi. I changed the
2 useflags of transcode until the emerge of the latest version finished without any error. Try to unmask the latest version of transcode
3 and emerge it.
4
5 Good luck.
6
7 /Uwe
8
9 Harry Putnam wrote:
10 > I'm trying to install k3b. One of its dependancies is transcode. The
11 > emerge stopped at transcode with specific errors, When checking
12 > bugzilla I see this is a known problem.
13 >
14 > I'm not sure how to proceed from here. For example: If I have emerge
15 > install a version that doesn't appear in the bug reports (several
16 > versions back) how would that effect the install of k3b. Wouldn't it
17 > still want to install the problem version?
18 >
19 > Can I do something in /etc/portage/package.provided that will allow
20 > the old build to stand? I'm familiar with how it works on backages
21 > that are a version or two ahead. But somewhere, when I read up on
22 > package.provided it said this would work as long as the package listed
23 > there was a newer version.
24 >
25 > I currently have:
26 > cat /etc/portage/package.provided
27 > rsnapshot-1.2.2
28 > bacula-1.48.5
29 >
30 > In both cases those are newer than anything in portage (even masked).
31 >
32 > I'd rather not build transcode by hand because the emerge of k3b
33 > showed a complicated string of deps and it seems like I could get in a
34 > pretty good mess going outside of portage for some pieces of it.
35 >
36 > Can someone outline a proceedure for a case like this?

uwe.klosa.vcf text/x-vcard