From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Stuch on k3b at dep install of Transcode
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:35:18
1 I'm trying to install k3b. One of its dependancies is transcode. The
2 emerge stopped at transcode with specific errors, When checking
3 bugzilla I see this is a known problem.
4
5 I'm not sure how to proceed from here. For example: If I have emerge
6 install a version that doesn't appear in the bug reports (several
7 versions back) how would that effect the install of k3b. Wouldn't it
8 still want to install the problem version?
9
10 Can I do something in /etc/portage/package.provided that will allow
11 the old build to stand? I'm familiar with how it works on backages
12 that are a version or two ahead. But somewhere, when I read up on
13 package.provided it said this would work as long as the package listed
14 there was a newer version.
15
16 I currently have:
17 cat /etc/portage/package.provided
18 rsnapshot-1.2.2
19 bacula-1.48.5
20
21 In both cases those are newer than anything in portage (even masked).
22
23 I'd rather not build transcode by hand because the emerge of k3b
24 showed a complicated string of deps and it seems like I could get in a
25 pretty good mess going outside of portage for some pieces of it.
26
27 Can someone outline a proceedure for a case like this?
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list