From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stuch on k3b at dep install of Transcode
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:48:14
1 On 11 February 2006 18:29, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'm trying to install k3b. One of its dependancies is transcode. The
3 > emerge stopped at transcode with specific errors, When checking
4 > bugzilla I see this is a known problem.
5
6 I am away from my portage tree right now, so I can't check this. AFAIK, k3b
7 needs transcode only for recording a DVD to harddisk (in AVI format?). It
8 then allows to write the result to another DVD.
9
10 If you don't intend to use that feature but use k3b only for burning and
11 copying CDs and DVDs, you don't need transcode. So I guess there is a USE
12 flag like "-transcode" or somesuch to build it without that feature. Just
13 poke around in the USE flag definitions.
14
15 Uwe
18 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list