From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:31:50
1 > From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
4 > On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:50:04 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >
6 > > So throw out my plans and just do it their way? In that case, I may
7 > > as well use Fedora since it sort of started there. Maybe that is what
8 > > they wanted and planned.
9 >
10 > According to Greg K-H, who I tend to trust, this did not come from Red
11 Hat.
12 > It's just that a couple of the devs are employed by them. Others are not.
13
14 I was particularly interested to find out that Solaris started merging / and
15 /usr 15 years ago, so in reality, the "true UNIX way" that Linux is
16 following has long since been abandoned by UNIX :)
17
18 --Mike