From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about java, Seamonkey and random hangs.
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 01:01:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > I should clarify this. It has a fetch restriction on the Sun java
4 > package. You have to download it, then move it to distfiles to emerge
5 > it. It's a license thing I guess. I do have nsplugin in my USE line also.
6 >
7 > I do have this jre installed:
10 >> root@smoker / # equery list jre
11 >> [ Searching for package 'jre' in all categories among: ]
12 >> * installed packages
13 >> [I--] [ ] virtual/jre-1.5.0 (1.5)
14 >> root@smoker / #
17 > I'll give that one you mentioned a try in a little while. I'm trying to
18 > download a Gentoo 2006.1 CD over a 26K dial-up. :-( My pipe is about
19 > full at the moment.
20 >
21 > Thanks for the info. I'll post back what blows up. LOL
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
25 > :-) :-) :-)
32 OK. I emerged the one you mentioned. I mostly did it because now when
33 I go to the weather radar, Seamonkey starts to load the page then
34 crashes completely. Even Konqueror doesn't work most of the time.
35
36 What the heck is going on with this? I need my weather because we have
37 some really nasty storms this time of year and I would like to see it
38 coming, so I know to duck.
39
40 Any ideas? Is it me or the website?
41
42 Thanks.
43
44 Dale
45
49 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
50
51 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.