From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync'ing and compiling pkgs for multiple PCs
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:36:05
1 Simon schrieb:
2 >> Your email is very long, so I'm not sure if I've taken it all in, but
3 >> what I'd suggest is a shared /usr/portage directory (easily done by
4 >> NFS) and distcc.
5 >
6 > This creates a dependency on the host that contains the portage tree.
7 > It also remove some flexibility. For example, taking my laptop away from
8 > my 'portage pc' would make it impossible for me to modify my current
9 > installs while away. There are other consideration and the use of a
10 > sync'ed portage tree on each pc vs using nfs is a debate that I won't go
11 > into now and this part is not much of an importance in my problem...
12 > compilation is!...
15 You might want to take a look at Coda instead of NFS. It supports
16 "disconnected" read/write: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coda_(file_system)
17
18 I haven't used it though.