From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update world problem (looks like slot confusion on my part)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:20:53
1 On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > First thing: I understand why you want to go testing -> stable, but at
3 > least leave portage unstable. A *lot* of ancient stuff has been fixed in
4 > ~arch, it's perfectly safe and robust, and most especially all that
5 > stupid "no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot"
6 > has gone away, replaced with something that a) works and b) makes sense
7 > and c) does not reduce the poor sysadmin (i.e you) to tears
8
9 Stable is only three months older than ~arch, though it may very well
10 be much better (can't say I've used the ~arch version). Portage has
11 fortunately been keeping up much better on stable of late.
12
13 If there are packages that simply aren't acceptable in their stable
14 versions, I'd call that a bug...
15
16 Rich