From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync backup system
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:06:19
1 On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:02:42 -0800, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Has anyone tried backupninja? There is a new ebuild for it.
4 >
5 > https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/show/backupninja/
6 >
7 > Is BackupPC too excellent to consider an alternative? I'm going to
8 > set up one of these backup systems in the next few weeks.
9
10 It looks interesting, and no program is that good that alternatives
11 should never be considered, but I really like the way BaclupPC works.
12 Everything is handled by the server, all you need to do on each client is
13 copy the backuppc user's public key to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.