From: Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync backup system
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:18:30
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 21:51, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > It looks interesting, and no program is that good that alternatives
4 > should never be considered, but I really like the way BaclupPC works.
5 > Everything is handled by the server, all you need to do on each client is
6 > copy the backuppc user's public key to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys.
7
8 Well, that's one of the things i don't like. Is there backup software
9 where the client does the backup to the server and not the server
10 fetching the backup from the client? I can't find a good way to take
11 regular backup's from laptop that come and go.
12
13 Regards,
14
15 Ward