From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync backup system
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:15:36
1 On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:15:36 +0100, Ward Poelmans wrote:
2
3 > > It looks interesting, and no program is that good that alternatives
4 > > should never be considered, but I really like the way BaclupPC works.
5 > > Everything is handled by the server, all you need to do on each
6 > > client is copy the backuppc user's public key
7 > > to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys.
8 >
9 > Well, that's one of the things i don't like. Is there backup software
10 > where the client does the backup to the server and not the server
11 > fetching the backup from the client? I can't find a good way to take
12 > regular backup's from laptop that come and go.
13
14 You can manually start a backup using the BackupPC web interface, but the
15 automatic backup thing works with laptops, the server just waits until
16 the laptop appears on the network.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Synonym: a word you use when you can't spell the other one.