From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo wiping out Gtk 2 support from packages that support it?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:11:20
1 On 8 July 2011, at 16:19, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > easy.
4 >
5 > Two USE flags: gtk2 and gtk3
6 >
7 > in ebuild:
8 >
9 > DEPEND="
10 > gtk2? (x11-libs/gtk+:2)
11 > gtk3? (x11-libs/gtk+:3)
12 > "
13 >
14 > in src-configure() write the code such that it establishes a
15 > precedence
16 >
17 > If both flags are set, build against gtk+:3
18 > If only one flag is set, build against that toolkit
19 > If no flags are set, do something appropriate.
20
21 This is the way it was done for gtk vs. gtk2, but the bug has been updated since I first read it (over 24 hours ago) and apparently the Gnome team don't want the two separate flags in the future.
22
23 I'm not really a gtk or Gnome (or X11) user, so I don't really know, but the two separate flags did strike me as a bit of an ugly / clumsy way of doing things.