From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install problems
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 11:45:19
1 Emerge --info|grep fail-clean is not set.
2
3 On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, Michael wrote:
4
5 > Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 07:31:57
6 > From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
7 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install problems
10 >
11 > Hi Jude,
12 >
13 > On Friday, 2 October 2020 12:21:06 BST Jude DaShiell wrote:
14 > > I made another mistake and need to find the exit.
15 > > I did emerge sys-libs/timezone-data which downloaded that package and
16 > > dependencies and then errored out badly when trying to build the packages.
17 > > The native in COMMON_FLAGS in /etc/portage/make.conf was not recognized by
18 > > what I downloaded and that emanated several more errors.
19 > > Will it be possible to wipe out the last emerge effects on the system?
20 >
21 > If an emerge did not complete successfully and came up with an error, then it
22 > would not have installed anything on your system. Whatever emerge built may
23 > have been left under /var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data, unless 'fail-
24 > clean' is not specified in your FEATURES.
25 >
26 > emerge --info | grep fail-clean
27 >
28 > will show if it is set or not.