From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo is the best linux distro
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:21:30
1 Daniel Wagener wrote:
2 > On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:55:37 +0200
3 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> lafilefixer --justfixit".
6 >> The last one, "lafilefixer --justfixit" is especially valuable as it
7 >> gets right of a huge gigantic steaming pile of crap that a) should
8 >> never have been there at all in the first place and b) if it's causing
9 >> the problem is almost impossible to pin down without lots of work. So
10 >> even if b) is not true, you still get the huge benefit of a)
11 > while we are at it…
12 > does it still make sense to run it on a regular basis or can I purge it from my maintenace script?e
16 I think it depends on your version of portage. Older portage versions
17 needs you to run it and newer versions I think have it built into
18 portage or another way to fix this. You may want to post what version
19 of portage you are using to get a more accurate answer.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!