From: hkml@×××××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with clipboard separation
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:12:27
1 Hi Group,
2
3 hkml@×××××××××××.de wrote:
4 > I have problems with my clipboard, that I never experienced with other
5 > Linux distributions: If I do 'mark text; Ctrl-c; mark different text;
6 > Ctrl-v' e.g. in Eclipse the second selection is not overwritten by the
7 > content of the first selection.
8 >
9 > It seems that the clipboard content is overwritten as soon as I mark
10 > text. This behaviour is not depending on the window manager/ desktop
11 > environment (I tried fvwm and kde), so it is probably some X
12 > configuration stuff. As far as I have understood, there are 2 different
13 > clipboards with one being changed as soon as you mark text (pasting at
14 > mouse-middle-click) and the other is changed by pressing Ctrl-c (pasting
15 > at Ctrl-v). Is that correct?
16 >
17 > If so, then it seems that for me mouse-selection and Ctrl-c write into
18 > the same buffer. Can anyone give me a hint, where to look for the
19 > possibility to change this behaviour?
20 I just wanted to tell you, that I solved the problem now. Starting with
21 the answer that the clipboard in KDE is configurable to use different
22 buffers, I changed this setting and it worked then in KDE.
23
24 After that I tried to work out, why it didn't work in fvwm over then,
25 but I simply couldn't reproduce this behaviour. My apologies for the
26 wrong starting point in the discussion. The problem was simply a KDE
27 problem and nothing else.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Heinz