From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find my partition when config grub
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:29:42
1 2007/1/5, Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>:
2 > Chuanwen Wu wrote:
3 > > My problem is the grub can't find my partition or even disk.So now,
4 > > when I press tab key, there is not any notation appearing.That I
5 > > think,because grub can't detect my disk.
6 > >
7 > > /dev/cciss is a kind of Logic Volume Manager(LVM).I don't know how
8 > > exactly it works.
9 > It sounds to me like you have a Compaq SmartArray. You CAN get one of
10 > those to work but you will have to jump through a few hoops. The
11 > experiences of one person who did it are here:
12 >
13 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-10380-highlight-compaq+proliant.html
14 Thank you.Your link help me a lot!
15
16 I install my grub in another way:
17 First,I write a line "(hd0) /dev/cciss/c0d0" to /boot/grub/device.map.
18 then :
19 #grub --device-map /boot/grub/device.map
20 root (hd0,1)
21 setup (hd0)
22 quit
23 /dev/cciss/c0d0p2 is my /boot partition.
24
25 But after I rebooted,the error was:
26
27 Invalid system disk
28 Replace the disk,and then press any key.
29
30 Now,I can't boot any OS and can't even enter the grub menu.
33 > Be lucky,
34 > Neil
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list