From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't find my partition when config grub
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 03:42:47
1 Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > My problem is the grub can't find my partition or even disk.So now,
3 > when I press tab key, there is not any notation appearing.That I
4 > think,because grub can't detect my disk.
5 >
6 > /dev/cciss is a kind of Logic Volume Manager(LVM).I don't know how
7 > exactly it works.
8 It sounds to me like you have a Compaq SmartArray. You CAN get one of
9 those to work but you will have to jump through a few hoops. The
10 experiences of one person who did it are here:
11
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-10380-highlight-compaq+proliant.html
15 Be lucky,
16 Neil