From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WPA2 connection configuration?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 02:49:10
1 James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 26 September 2011 03:19, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Or skip the net config/init scripts stuff and just use something like wicd.
5 >
6 > Getting a manager to write your wpa_supplicant.conf for you (in
7 > effect), has been the right way of configuring wifi for the average
8 > user for years now. It's a real shame that this isn't promoted more in
9 > the gentoo handbook and/or the Wifi guide.
10 >
11 > I added a patch to the wifi guide a while back, but I really find the
12 > gentoo documentation workflow so over-burdening that I usually work on
13 > gentoo-wiki instead. It's pretty dispiriting to see people using
14 > troublesome tools when there's better ways out there :(
15
16 If I am correct, wic only works if you have gnome -- what if you have a
17 server or a computer without gnome or kde?
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici