From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] trouble with vfat partition
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:28:12
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 I have a spare partition formatted as FAT 32 on an IDE
4 disk.
5
6 vfat and ide-disk support was compiled into the
7 kernel. Partition was created with fdisk and given ID:
8 b W95 FAT32 and formatted using mkdosfs -F 32. The
9 partition is visible in windows, properties FAT32.
10
11 But #mount -t vfat responds w/ unknown fs type 'vfat'.
12 Even w/ -t auto it replies unknown fs 'vfat'. All
13 other partitions, ext2, reiserfs, ntfs mount OK.
14
15 I must be missing something but can't think what.
16
17 -mw
22 Do You Yahoo!?
23 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
24 http://mail.yahoo.com
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list