From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with vfat partition
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:11:27
1 On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 15:23 -0800, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 >
4 > I have a spare partition formatted as FAT 32 on an IDE
5 > disk.
6 >
7 > vfat and ide-disk support was compiled into the
8 > kernel.
9
10 as a module or built-in ?
11
12 > But #mount -t vfat responds w/ unknown fs type 'vfat'.
13
14 What does /var/log/messages show during this command?
15
16 > Even w/ -t auto it replies unknown fs 'vfat'. All
17 > other partitions, ext2, reiserfs, ntfs mount OK.
18
19 sounds like you haven't got the module loaded. What does
20 `grep VFAT /usr/src/linux/.config`
21 show? (replace /usr/src/linux/.config with wherever your kernel config
22 file is)
23
24 You could also try `modprobe vfat` before you mount the disk
25
26 HTH,
30 Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be
31 sorry.
32 -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list