From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone setup Gentoo on an Archos 101
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:57:35
1 On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/24/2012 01:07 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
3 >> On 24/04/2012 21:46, James wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >>> http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/tabletpc.html?country=kg&lang=en
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 > I'm just curious if anyone has attempted to put Gentoo
12 >>> on any Archos tablet.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>> James
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> i have one and i dont want to risk it's usage with gentoo. i know
21 >> that there is an ubunut version that works on it but just installing
22 >> gentoo like this can be tough.
23 >
24 > This is the first I've heard of Archos, and it seems to me like a great idea.
25 >
26 > The company says you can install any OS you want, and you can even dual-boot
27 > OS's -- so that *seems* to imply that you can re-install the factory OS if
28 > your experiments go bad.  Am I being too optimistic here?
29
30 They've been fairly open for ages. When I was in high school, they had
31 a portable MP3/MPEG player out that you could put Linux on. This was
32 just after the first-gen iPod, IIRC, and long before the iPod Touch
33 was a glimmer in Jobs' eye.
36 :wq