From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-util/autotoolset
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 10:26:15
1 On 10/07/2010 05:41 AM, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 04:01:14AM -0400, dhk wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I thought all the auto tools were in the autotoolset, that's not the
5 >> case. It looks like the only tool I use in autotoolset is acmkdir. If
6 >> I remove autotoolset, how can I get acmkdir back? Even though it's not
7 >> necessary, it's a nice tool for starting a project.
8 >
9 > I have somewhat of a suspicious that `acmkdir' may be just a shell
10 > script? (Never used it, so I don't know.) If so then you can just find
11 > it on your system and copy it to /usr/local/bin or something like that
12 > (it possibly copies the templates from somewhere else, so you will
13 > need to find those also).
14 >
15 > Note that it may make use of deprecated autotool commands, and if not
16 > updated, may break in the future.
17 >
18 > HTH,
19 >
20 > W
23 Yes, it is a shell script. It makes the necessary files and directories
24 to get start a project. After running it with a name for your project
25 directory you get something like the following in that directory.
26
27 AUTHORS config COPYING m4 README src
28 autom4te.cache configure doc Makefile.am README.in THANKS
29 ChangeLog configure.ac INSTALL NEWS reconf