From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge claws-mail
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:56:28
1 Hello David Relson,
2
3 > > Because it is hard-masked in package.mask ;-) If you really want it
4 > > you can unmask it in /etc/portage/package.unmask
5
6 > At present, /etc/portage only has package.keywords. As package.mask is
7 > not present, it's not hard masked.
8
9 It is masked in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask.
10
11 > Unmasking it in package.unmask does the trick. I guess I had
12 > package.keywords and package.unmask confused. 'Tis time to re-read the
13 > man pages.
14
15 No, the two are different. package.unmask is used to override the profile
16 package.mask.
17
18 Incidentally, 2.10.0 is out now, but not yet in portage. Instead of
19 installing the rc, copy /usr/portage/mail-client/claws-mail to your
20 overlay and rename the ebuild to claws-mail-2.10.0.ebuild.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Linux users do it without paying a Bill