From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VRFs / Jails / Containers
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 03:56:21
1 On 2/2/19 7:36 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > LXC containers ??
3
4 Maybe.
5
6 I just feel like that's more heavy weight than I want.
7
8 I'm functionally running a series of ip commands to configure networking
9 in a special way.
10
11 Maybe I should look into what it takes to extend netifrc to support what
12 I want. I sort of think that VRF could model off of bonding and / or
13 bridge and / or VLAN devices. At least in the master / slave aspect.
14
15 I'm sure that veth will be a new concept, but it may be able to model
16 after a tunnel interface.
17
18 It would be really nice to have network namespace support. But I don't
19 see anything that could be modeled off of.