From: Tom Cocagne <tom.cocagne@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: python, accounting & gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:31:24
1 There are a few Python packages that come to mind when reading your description.
2
3 ZeroMQ (with the pyzmq bindings) - Exceedingly simple, robust, and
4 reliable message passing. This may simplify your data collection
5 needs.
6
7 Twisted (http://www.twistedmatrix.com) - An excellent asynchronous
8 networking library. More complex than ZeroMQ but much more versatile.
9
10 Matplotlib - One of the best graph generation tools available. It
11 supports multiple GUI frameworks and can be used for both static and
12 dynamic graph generation.
13
14 Python's built-in SQLite database - If your accounting needs are
15 fairly light, it may be simpler to use a raw database than a
16 full-fledged ERP/accounting system.
17
18 Given your problem description, you've certainly got your work cut out
19 for you. I hope these help. Good luck!
20
21 Tom
22