From: Mike Kenny <mikekenny@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I make an installable copy
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:03:47
1 I now have my stage 3 installed an working. Am in the process of
2 downloading all the requirements for openXchange (Man! I love emerge)
3
4 But, many (most) users will not want to go to the trouble that I have.
5 In fact, in South Africa most won't have access to the bandwidth to do
6 this. I am looking for a link to a tutorial or howto that will inform me
7 how to:
8
9 1. After I have a basic bootable system created, create a backup CD from
10 which I can boot and re-install in the event of a catastrophe
11 2. After I have configured servers (Apache or JBoss or openXchange,
12 etc.) create a DVD or set of CDs which can be booted and installed from
13 without all the re-configuration
14
15 Anybody know where/whether I can this type of information?
18 mike kenny
19 Linux Registered User #381724
20 LPI ID# 80080
21
22 "Hell, there are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something"
23 Thomas Edison
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list