From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: eth over usb
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 22:44:53
1 On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 15:15:11 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > > I'm installing gentoo on new laptop which doesn't have eth slot. I
4 > > have i-tec usb-eth adapter which works fine (tested on linux live
5 > > distribution).
6 >
7 > Can you get 100Mbit/s with it?
8 >
9 > The laptop I use also has no ethernet. I bought a USB dongle for that
10 > but it turns out it can only do the original 10Mbit/s, half-duplex; much
11 > slower than wifi and even somewhat slower than the WAN connection here.
12
13 I have a gigabit USB 3.0 to ethernet adaptor here. It's branded Digitus
14 which probably means nothing, lsusb shows
15
16 ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 The present never ages. Each moment is like a snowflake, unique,
23 unspoiled, unrepeatable, and can be appreciated in its surprisingness.