From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eth over usb
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 22:15:29
1 On 2017-10-05 21:39, pat@××××××××.org wrote:
2
3 > I'm installing gentoo on new laptop which doesn't have eth slot. I
4 > have i-tec usb-eth adapter which works fine (tested on linux live
5 > distribution).
6
7 Can you get 100Mbit/s with it?
8
9 The laptop I use also has no ethernet. I bought a USB dongle for that
10 but it turns out it can only do the original 10Mbit/s, half-duplex; much
11 slower than wifi and even somewhat slower than the WAN connection here.
14 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
15 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
16 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.