From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems accessing gmail with pop3 using kmail/kontact
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:18:35
1 On Friday 22 June 2007, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Freitag, 22. Juni 2007, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > My patience with kmail is rapidly coming to an end. All those who
6 > > wish kmail to survive another week on my machine are asked to voice
7 > > their objections now.
8 > >
9 > > I use it within kontact, and every second day or so I can no longer
10 > > access my gmail account using pop3. 'killall kio_pop3' tends to fix
11 > > this so I assume it's some kind of locking issue. But I also have
12 > > two other pop3 accounts where this does not happen, and I can
13 > > invariably get to gmail in a browser when kmail locks up.
14 >
15 > don't have kmail open for days?
16
17 I'd love to, but don't get a chance to try - I manage about 8 hours max
18 at a stretch
19
20 :-)
21
22 alan
25 Optimists say the glass is half full,
26 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
27 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list