From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Big thanks to spyderous
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:12:24
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > I'm still stucked on Xorg-6.8 and not intending to upgrade anytime soon
3 > unless there is a lot of good things to expect out of it.
4 > Right now, as long as there's no exploit/bug for xorg-6.8, I'll keep it
5 > that way.
6
7 Yep, that's your prerogative. But the next exploit may not get updated
8 in 6.x. There are plenty of improvements to expect, but you'd need to
9 read the ChangeLogs for details. Addition of the new acceleration
10 architecture (exa), accelerated indirect GLX, and many fixes to drivers
11 are just a few.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie