From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Big thanks to spyderous
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:54:18
1 On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 01:54 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 > > I'm still stucked on Xorg-6.8 and not intending to upgrade anytime soon
4 > > unless there is a lot of good things to expect out of it.
5 > > Right now, as long as there's no exploit/bug for xorg-6.8, I'll keep it
6 > > that way.
7 >
8 > Yep, that's your prerogative. But the next exploit may not get updated
9 > in 6.x.
10
11 Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to upgrade, I just don't
12 have a test box and I just don't want to go through some "hell" to get
13 my laptop to work for work. :-)
14
15 > There are plenty of improvements to expect, but you'd need to
16 > read the ChangeLogs for details.
17
18 Which changelogs? Xorgs or the one in portage?
19 I can't seem to find the changelogs for xorg 7.0 in www.x.org.
20
21 > Addition of the new acceleration
22 > architecture (exa), accelerated indirect GLX, and many fixes to drivers
23 > are just a few.
24
25 I see, you mean xorg's changelogs.
26
27 I just looked at the modular x upgrade howto and the wiki, seems pretty
28 decent.
29 But the Block List and the # of packages is just huge :-)
30
31 What are the caveats during the upgrade?
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list