From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Newbie stuck at starting gate
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:54:35
1 This may be because you have not configured the firewall of your VNC server
2 machine and, or you have not set up port forwarding on your router (if you
3 connect to the Internet via a router).
4
5 This is covered in the FAQs.
6
7 If you are going to allow connections on your WinXP firewall, it is safer that
8 you limit these to the IP address(es) of the machine on which the VNC viewer
9 is running.
10