From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Newbie stuck at starting gate
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:52:09
1 On 11/6/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This may be because you have not configured the firewall of your VNC server
3 > machine and, or you have not set up port forwarding on your router (if you
4 > connect to the Internet via a router).
5 >
6 > This is covered in the FAQs.
7 >
8 > If you are going to allow connections on your WinXP firewall, it is safer that
9 > you limit these to the IP address(es) of the machine on which the VNC viewer
10 > is running.
11 >