From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:16:42
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-08-01 5:41 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> When the version of udev came out that was said to require a init thingy
4 >> or /usr on /, that is when I switched to eudev. I haven't used the
5 >> newer versions of udev. I do have this in my kernel config tho:
6 >>
7 >> root@fireball / # cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep -i CONFIG_DEVTMPFS
8 >> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
9 >> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
10 >> root@fireball / #
11 >
12 > Thanks Dale... looks easy enough...
13 >
14 > But what about removing the udev-postmount init script? I guess that
15 > is the last question I need answered before jumping down the rabbit
16 > hole Sunday...
17 >
18 > Thanks again to all who responded...
22 This is what I have for that from rc-update show:
23
24 udev-postmount | default
25
26 If you have something that says different, can you post a link? I'd
27 like to see that. I don't recall removing any script but again, I was a
28 early switcher.
29
30 Please excuse the agenda posts by Samuli. If you chose eudev, like me
31 and plenty of others, use eudev. It's your system and you know what you
32 need to use.
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!