From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:46:04
1 On 2013-08-02 8:15 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> But what about removing the udev-postmount init script? I guess that
4 >> is the last question I need answered before jumping down the rabbit
5 >> hole Sunday...
6
7 > This is what I have for that from rc-update show:
8 >
9 > udev-postmount | default
10
11 Yes, that is what I still have (because I haven't upgraded udev yet)...
12
13 I was just making sure that the instructions for upgrading udev (to
14 remove this script) didn't apply to eudev.
15
16 > If you have something that says different, can you post a link? I'd
17 > like to see that. I don't recall removing any script but again, I was a
18 > early switcher.
19 >
20 > Please excuse the agenda posts by Samuli. If you chose eudev, like me
21 > and plenty of others, use eudev. It's your system and you know what you
22 > need to use.
23
24 No worries... he is why I asked not to use my question to start another
25 flamewar, although I guess I should have specified udev <> systemd AND
26 udev <> eudev...
27
28 ;)
29
30 Thanks again, looking forward to getting this behind me. Its been a long
31 time since I've had zero results when doing an emerge -pvuDN world after
32 eix-syncing...