From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:02:15
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-08-02 8:15 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Tanstaafl wrote:
4 >>> But what about removing the udev-postmount init script? I guess that
5 >>> is the last question I need answered before jumping down the rabbit
6 >>> hole Sunday...
7 >
8 >> This is what I have for that from rc-update show:
9 >>
10 >> udev-postmount | default
11 >
12 > Yes, that is what I still have (because I haven't upgraded udev yet)...
13 >
14 > I was just making sure that the instructions for upgrading udev (to
15 > remove this script) didn't apply to eudev.
16 >
17 >> If you have something that says different, can you post a link? I'd
18 >> like to see that. I don't recall removing any script but again, I was a
19 >> early switcher.
20 >>
21 >> Please excuse the agenda posts by Samuli. If you chose eudev, like me
22 >> and plenty of others, use eudev. It's your system and you know what you
23 >> need to use.
24 >
25 > No worries... he is why I asked not to use my question to start
26 > another flamewar, although I guess I should have specified udev <>
27 > systemd AND udev <> eudev...
28 >
29 > ;)
30 >
31 > Thanks again, looking forward to getting this behind me. Its been a
32 > long time since I've had zero results when doing an emerge -pvuDN
33 > world after eix-syncing...
38 As always, have a sysrescue stick/CD/DVD handy. If nothing else, it
39 warns the evil stuff to stay away. ;-) I usually keep a mini sledge
40 hammer close by but . . . .
41
42 Dale
43
47 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!