From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and gnome3
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:23:20
1 Am 20.07.2012 18:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2
3 > Not really "mix and match". I run systemd/udev/GNOME3 in ~amd64,
4 > that's all, and I don't unmask any hard masked package. It's been
5 > working fine like that since, oh I don't know, when they removed the
6 > mask on GNOME 3?
7
8 Thanks for motivating me!
9
10 I will try to use your overlay ...
11
12 > Again, Stefan has probably a valid problem, and we need more info to
13 > nail it down (hence the petition for $HOME/.xsession-errors).
14
15 See attachment.
16
17 Do I need rtkit or not?
18
19 I also had added the USE-flag "systemd" and re-built every package
20 having that useflag.
21
22 > Just
23 > unmasking everything and hoping that will solve the issues is usually
24 > not the best practice; specially since the Gentoo developers haven't
25 > decided how to handle the merge of udev/systemd.
26 >
27 > Some want to provide a virtual/udev that systemd satisfy, and others
28 > want to keep things as they were before the merge, with the udev
29 > ebuild simply not installing the systemd parts.
30 >
31 > Given that they haven't reached an agreement, I would *highly*
32 > recommend not trying yet systemd/udev >= 186.
33
34 OK, fine, thanks so far.
35
36 S