From: Alan Ianson <agianson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gaming on gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 08:37:24
1 On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 21:17:35 -0800
2 Alan Ianson <agianson@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hello list,
5 >
6 > I am a gentoo newbie. I have installed gentoo about a month ago and have been busy since in my free time getting it up and running.
7 >
8 > I have a problem with quakespasm, it segfaults on startup.. this is what I get..
9
10 Just as a follow up on my own post.. ;)
11
12 I ran valgrind against quakespasm and it says this..
13
14 alan@irondust:~$ valgrind -q /usr/bin/quakespasm
15
16 valgrind: Fatal error at startup: a function redirection
17 valgrind: which is mandatory for this platform-tool combination
18 valgrind: cannot be set up. Details of the redirection are:
19 valgrind:
20 valgrind: A must-be-redirected function
21 valgrind: whose name matches the pattern: strlen
22 valgrind: in an object with soname matching: ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
23 valgrind: was not found whilst processing
24 valgrind: symbols from the object with soname: ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
25 valgrind:
26 valgrind: Possible fixes: (1, short term): install glibc's debuginfo
27 valgrind: package on this machine. (2, longer term): ask the packagers
28 valgrind: for your Linux distribution to please in future ship a non-
29 valgrind: stripped ld.so (or whatever the dynamic linker .so is called)
30 valgrind: that exports the above-named function using the standard
31 valgrind: calling conventions for this platform. The package you need
32 valgrind: to install for fix (1) is called
33 valgrind:
34 valgrind: On Debian, Ubuntu: libc6-dbg
35 valgrind: On SuSE, openSuSE, Fedora, RHEL: glibc-debuginfo
36 valgrind:
37 valgrind: Note that if you are debugging a 32 bit process on a
38 valgrind: 64 bit system, you will need a corresponding 32 bit debuginfo
39 valgrind: package (e.g. libc6-dbg:i386).
40 valgrind:
41 valgrind: Cannot continue -- exiting now. Sorry.
42
43 I'm not exactly sure what the above says/means. Are there gentoo packages I can install to get better info?
44
45 I'll keep at this and see what I can find. Any ideas/thoughts/help would be welcome. :)