From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How the HAL are you supposed to use these files?
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 07:51:58
1 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > - I run Firefox
4 > - I go to live365.com and log in
5 > - I click on an icon, and Firefox starts up an audio player, and passes
6 > it the appropriate URL.
7 > - I start reading/writing emails, whilst enjoying music in my headphones
8 >
9 > The audio player needs to communicate with my email client because...?
12 So that the email program can add a 'tag' in the signature of outgoing
13 emails so that the recipients know what music you were listening to when
14 composing the email :)
15
16 I have not seen this in email clients, but would not be surprised if
17 some did, but have seen this in IM programs - both Pidgin and kopete
18 have options/plugins to show the music you are listening to in your
19 status.