From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error during boot up.
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:40:02
1 On Friday, 21 December 2018 13:08:20 GMT Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:28:25 +0000, J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 > >> Considering that they, like all SSDs have a limited write cycle, I only
5 > >> use mine for the compiled software. I still use a tmpfs for compiling.
6 > >
7 > > Modern SSDs should outlive a hard drive, and have done so here.
8 >
9 > Any tips to know which are new and which are not? Model number enough
10 > or is there more to it than that? I've seen old stock for sale before.
11 > It is new since it hasn't been used but may have been on a shelf for a
12 > while.
13
14 I gave you one model that's apparently safe to use. I assume that anything
15 that postdates, say, 2015 would be as well.
16
17 > I've got plenty of ventilation but do these things produce a lot of
18 > heat? Use more power than a regular hard drive? I'd think not but curious.
19
20 I've no information on that.
23 Regards,
24 Peter.