From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:15:16
1 2014-05-13 7:43 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
2 > Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2014-05-12 21:46 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
5 >> > Hi. Well, even with use_fstab=yes, it does not put one, just
6 >> > /etc/fstab.empty of 0 length -- how can I fix?
7 >> >
8 >> That is strange, never had this problem, actually adding this made it
9 >> work for me, I assume you actually used the ' "yes" ', might be
10 >> important for the syntax, I uncompressed my ramdisk a few minutes ago
11 >> to actually verify the fstab, and it is in fact included, might be
12 >> other parameters missing in cofiguration, all uncomented parameters in
13 >> my dracut.conf are these in case it might help you:
14 >>
15 >> logfile=/var/log/dracut.log
16 >> fileloglvl=6
17 >> add_dracutmodules+="lvm bash dm kernel-modules systemd"
18 >> lvmconf="yes"
19 >> use_fstab="yes"
20 >> host_cmdline="yes"
21 >> kernel_cmdline="cmdline..."
22 >>
23 >> And when generating I just simply run:
24 >> dracut --kver 'kernel_version'
25 >>
26 >> As you see my configuration is pretty simple, I suggest you to try
27 >> forcing the inclussion of fstab(extract, and re-compress the image),
28 >> to verify if it solves your booting problem, it might be a dracut
29 >> bug(tough it seems a relatively simple feature to be that prone to
30 >> bugs).
31 >
32 > hmmm, do we really need add_dracutmodules+="lvm bash dm kernel-modules
33 > systemd"
36 It's not necessary indeed, the Idea was you to compare this with
37 yours, since its working here, for example bash is actually a thing of
38 mine wanting a nice shell even in the initrd. you include what fits
39 your needs.
40 >
41 > I had the fstab with and without the quotes, but no difference. Maybe
42 > I need to include the thing individually?
46 > --
47 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
48 > How do
49 > you spend it?
50 >
51 > John Covici