From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 13:44:02
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > 2014-05-12 21:46 GMT-06:00 <covici@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > Hi. Well, even with use_fstab=yes, it does not put one, just
5 > > /etc/fstab.empty of 0 length -- how can I fix?
6 > >
7 > That is strange, never had this problem, actually adding this made it
8 > work for me, I assume you actually used the ' "yes" ', might be
9 > important for the syntax, I uncompressed my ramdisk a few minutes ago
10 > to actually verify the fstab, and it is in fact included, might be
11 > other parameters missing in cofiguration, all uncomented parameters in
12 > my dracut.conf are these in case it might help you:
13 >
14 > logfile=/var/log/dracut.log
15 > fileloglvl=6
16 > add_dracutmodules+="lvm bash dm kernel-modules systemd"
17 > lvmconf="yes"
18 > use_fstab="yes"
19 > host_cmdline="yes"
20 > kernel_cmdline="cmdline..."
21 >
22 > And when generating I just simply run:
23 > dracut --kver 'kernel_version'
24 >
25 > As you see my configuration is pretty simple, I suggest you to try
26 > forcing the inclussion of fstab(extract, and re-compress the image),
27 > to verify if it solves your booting problem, it might be a dracut
28 > bug(tough it seems a relatively simple feature to be that prone to
29 > bugs).
30
31 hmmm, do we really need add_dracutmodules+="lvm bash dm kernel-modules
32 systemd"
35 I had the fstab with and without the quotes, but no difference. Maybe
36 I need to include the thing individually?
41 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
42 How do
43 you spend it?
44
45 John Covici