From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: no x-mouse or console mouse bud gpm started and mouse found. BUMP
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 09:43:20
1 > On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Maxim Wexler
2 > <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi group,
5 >>
6 >> after a world update including 3.5.7 sources and nvidia-drivers-304.60 I
7 >> have no mouse. In the console or desktop. The kernel recognizes the
8 >> mouse
9 >> and it appears in lsusb. I carried over the kernel from last time w/make
10 >> oldconfig. All the relevant services are started: gpm, udev, dbus.
11 >>
12 >> My xorg.conf(written by nvidia-xconfig) is here:
13 >>
14 >> http://bpaste.net/show/54023
15 >>
16 >> Xorg.0.log:
17 >>
18 >> http://bpaste.net/show/54024
19 >>
20 >> FWIW I uncommented this line in rc.conf
21 >>
22 >> rc_hotplug="!net.*"
23 >>
24 >> Can't think of what else to add.
25 >>
26 >> Max.
29 >> This is still a problem. Have to use Ubuntu, ugh! I booted a new kernel,
30 > no help. Have all necessary config options. /dev/input/mice. Mouse/s work
31 > in Ubuntu. Not in Gentoo, not a different mouse, not a different usb slot.
32 > It's not hardware, but $cat /proc/bus/input/devices mentions keyboard but
33 > no mouse. That's the only screwup. Oh, and when you enter #cat
34 > /dev/input/mice while moving the mouse, nothing happens. Otherwise
35 > everything seems "normal" dmesg, lsusb all see the mouse. gpm "started
36 > successfully" etc.
37 >
38 > Took this to irc #gentoo. <crickets>
39
40 What does your "dmesg" say when starting Gentoo and Ubuntu?
41 Can you provide the kernel-config for Gentoo and Ubuntu?
44 Joost