From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:26:23
1 On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 5:42 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > No, it's only new SSDs, not the whole system, which is six years old. Does
4 > that mean my choice is restricted to just the two versions of GRUB?
7 Well, you could always use syslinux or something else. However, GRUB
8 is probably your best bet.
9
10 You should really consider moving to GRUB2 though. I don't know about
11 legacy GRUB, but GRUB2 can handle your boot partition being on btrfs.
12 I still left space on my drives for a boot partition anyway, since it
13 will be needed when I move to EFI.
16 Rich