From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] When Linux desktop will be at least so convenient as MS DOS?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 07:15:11
1 On Friday, 13 July 2018 01:31:04 BST Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 13/07/18 02:48, gevisz wrote:
3 > > But currently I am ready to try even the "dirty" way to organize
4 > > keyboard layout switch if it will give me a nice cracking sound
5 > > of old good days :) when typing in Cyrilic keyboard layout.
6 >
7 > It will not. There is no reason to, since you can see it. In MS-DOS, you
8 > couldn't see it, thus the sound was the only way to communicate the
9 > current keyboard layout to the user.
10
11 I didn't know of Dmitry Gurtyak, or his particular application. You may want
12 to take a look at xset and in particular 'xset +c' to switch on the keyboard
13 clicking sound. If you append this to the command which is run when you
14 switch to Cyrillic you would get a clicking sound. You can also set the
15 volume of the clicking sound by using a value from 1-100.
18 Regards,
19 Mick