From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 16:23:50
1 On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:50:53 -0400, Jack wrote:
2
3 > > My question was:
4 > > "Is the bug tracker secureVud somehow against search machine robots
5 > > somehow or via robots.txt or is it me using a foreign language
6 > > wrongly?"
7
8 > In my opinion, neither.  I don't think they are explicitly blocked, but
9 > search engines index pages by following links, so bug reports may well
10 > not get indexed if they are not pointed to by some other page that does
11 > get indexed.  How would a search engine find a bug page without knowing
12 > how to search bugzilla?  I very often search both Google and bugzilla,
13 > and often don't find any overlap.
14
15 b.g.o has a list of bugs reported in the last 24 hours or 7 days, so
16 seeding the search engine with those would find all bug reports in due
17 course. I often turn op reports on the bug trackers of other distros (and
18 github) when searching for help on an issue, so there isn't a general
19 lack of indexing of bug trackers.
20
21 Having said that, I always use the bgo search first as I find it superior
22 to Google's, unlike the forum search engine.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
29 (Albert Einstein)