From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 13:51:02
1 On 5/24/20 8:33 AM, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > On 05/24 08:10, Pengcheng Xu wrote:
3 >>> -----Original Message-----
4 >>> From: tuxic@××××××.de <tuxic@××××××.de>
5 >>> Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:16 PM
6 >>> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >>> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] handbrake fails to compile
8 >>>
9 >>> On 05/24 11:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
10 >>>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 12:44:20 +0200, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
11 >>>>
12 >>>>> media-video/handbrake-1.3.2:0/0::gentoo fails to compile (I am on
13 >>>>> "unstable").
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>> Searching online I found, that running perl-cleaner would fix that
16 >>>>> problem which I done:
17 >>>>>
18 >>>>> perl-cleaner --all
19 >>>>>
20 >>>>> - but without success.
21 >>>>>
22 >>>>> Message was:
23 >>>>>
24 >>>>> * ERROR: media-video/handbrake-1.3.2::gentoo failed (compile phase):
25 >>>>> * emake failed
26 >>>>>
27 >>>>> I attached the build.log. If any further information are added I
28 >>>>> will be happy to post them.
29 >>>>>
30 >>>>> How can I fix that?
31 >>>> Try the patch in https://bugs.gentoo.org/724650
32 >>>>
33 >>>> mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/media-video/handbrake-1.3.2
34 >>>>
35 >>>> and drop the patch into that directory.
36 >>>>
37 >>>>
38 >>>> --
39 >>>> Neil Bothwick
40 >>>>
41 >>>> If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
42 >>> Hi Neil,
43 >>>
44 >>> that works! Thanks a lot.
45 >>>
46 >>> A more general question: It is not the first time I searched for fixes for
47 >>> compilation failures I came accross and I never got a link into the gentoo bug
48 >>> tracker. As search terms I used "handbrake gentoo compile failure".
49 >>>
50 >>> Is the bug tracker secureVud somehow against search machine robots somehow or
51 >>> via robots.txt or is it me using a foreign language wrongly?
52 >> Instead, you may want to search for anything relevant on the Bugzilla, forums, and mailing list archives *first* :)
53 > Hi,
54 >
55 > I am a non native speaker -- when I asked using the wrong words.
56 >
57 > My question was:
58 > "Is the bug tracker secureVud somehow against search machine robots somehow or via robots.txt or is it me using a foreign language wrongly?"
59 >
60 > Cheers!
61 > Meino
62
63 In my opinion, neither.  I don't think they are explicitly blocked, but
64 search engines index pages by following links, so bug reports may well
65 not get indexed if they are not pointed to by some other page that does
66 get indexed.  How would a search engine find a bug page without knowing
67 how to search bugzilla?  I very often search both Google and bugzilla,
68 and often don't find any overlap.
69
70 Jack