From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I customize x11-terms/xterm?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:15:03
1 On 01/09/2018 01:52 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You can usually add extra configure items by creating, in your case
3 > /etc/portage/env/x11-terms/xterm containing
4 >
5 > EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-blah..."
6
7 That seems simple enough.
8
9 > Putting the patch in /etc/portage/patches/x11-xterms/xterm should do it.
10
11 Okay.
12
13 I suppose that it will need to be some sort of diff that will
14 automatically get applied?
15
16 Do you know what directory the diff needs to be based in?
17
18 Where can I read more about this? - Sorry for the n00b like questions.
19
20 I do appreciate the help. :-)
21
22 I assume removing both my customizations and re-emerging xterm will
23 revert back to Gentoo default.
24
25 > Both of these features are on by default in EAPI6, the xterm ebuild uses
26 > EAPI5 so try it and see.
27
28 Fair enough.
29
30 I'll give it a try in the next few days and report my findings.
31
32 Thank you again Neil.
37 Grant. . . .
38 unix || die