From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 24.1.1 - and PFD viewer UGLY fonts
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:56:43
1 On 12/31/13 18:47, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 >Am Montag, 30.12.2013 um 22:03
3 >schrieb Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 07:38:00PM -0700, Joseph wrote:
6 >> > I just upgraded to Firefox-24.1.1 and when an online pdf file is
7 >> > generated some ugly view pops up that is using "monospace fonts"
8 >> > impossible to read and it looks ugly on a print out. Is there a
9 >> > solution to it?
10 >>
11 >> How about giving a link to that file?
12 >>
13 >> How does this one look?
14 >>
15 >> http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/acrobat/pdfs/adobe-acrobat-xi-pdf-sanitization-remove-hidden-data-from-pdf-files-tutorial-ue.pdf
16 >>
17 >> Cheers,
18 >> Bruce
19 >
20 >I have exact the same problem and found no solution so far.
23 One solution is to disable Firefox preview in Preference --> Application "Portable Document Format" (disable preview)
24 it will revert to original setting (based on your options) allowing you to download and save the PDF file, this way it the fonts will look normal.
25
26 I think that Firefox preview has a build in limited number of fonts, it is not using system fonts (I might be wrong).
29 Joseph