From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 24.1.1 - and PFD viewer UGLY fonts
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 19:22:19
1 Am Dienstag, 31.12.2013 um 10:56
2 schrieb Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On 12/31/13 18:47, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 > >Am Montag, 30.12.2013 um 22:03
6 > >schrieb Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>:
7 > >
8 > >> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 07:38:00PM -0700, Joseph wrote:
9 > >> > I just upgraded to Firefox-24.1.1 and when an online pdf file is
10 > >> > generated some ugly view pops up that is using "monospace fonts"
11 > >> > impossible to read and it looks ugly on a print out. Is there a
12 > >> > solution to it?
13 > >>
14 > >> How about giving a link to that file?
15 > >>
16 > >> How does this one look?
17 > >>
18 > >> http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/acrobat/pdfs/adobe-acrobat-xi-pdf-sanitization-remove-hidden-data-from-pdf-files-tutorial-ue.pdf
19 > >>
20 > >> Cheers,
21 > >> Bruce
22 > >
23 > >I have exact the same problem and found no solution so far.
26 > One solution is to disable Firefox preview in Preference -->
27 > Application "Portable Document Format" (disable preview) it will
28 > revert to original setting (based on your options) allowing you to
29 > download and save the PDF file, this way it the fonts will look
30 > normal. I think that Firefox preview has a build in limited number of
31 > fonts, it is not using system fonts (I might be wrong).
32
33 Of course that solves the ugly fonts problem and I already changed that
34 setting, so that firefox starts the evince document viewer when I open
35 a PDF document. But it's not a solution for the ugly preview in
36 firefox. It would be nice to also solve this issue, but I don't know
37 how. Nevertheless I thank you for your reply.